Friday 22 November 2013

Mind over Music

Story of the Day 



 “Oh holy night, the stars are brightly shining..” I can’t help but to hum as it is being burned into my mind yet again, along with all the other Christmas tunes around November every year. Then start the thinking of Christmas lists and how many days I have left to shop for what and who overwhelm me while leaving my sister’s after a get together she was holding. She had been playing the beloved tunes all night and without any conscious decision the talk of stockings and desserts and presents arose. Isn’t it insane, the influence music has along with the stronghold on your soul? So it has been told, that retailers use Christmas music as a tactic to lure shoppers into topping off their budget this time of year. This in my case always proves itself to be viable information. Oh, the power of tapping into the subconscious. I am sure there is not one person who hasn’t fallen to the influence, perhaps as you are driving in the car on the way home getting worked up as is, you realize the music on the radio is not helping your situation, you switch it and all of a sudden your heart rate lowers and you feel significantly better. Funny how that works huh? I for one choose either Classical or Reggae while driving, per the safety of others. I have loved music as long as I can remember. It has always had an impact on my life and has been the one thing I can turn to without judgment. Whether it is a first date, cruising in the car, prom or a wedding, music will always set a mood. I, for one would be lost without it. If you haven’t taken the time to appreciate it lately I would try to find some.  


Puzzle of the Day


A Teacher thinks of two consecutive numbers in the range 1 to 10, and tells Alex one of the numbers and Sam the other.


Sam and Alex
have the following conversation:
Alex: I don't know your number.
Sam: I don't know your number, either.
Alex: Now I know!

Can you find all 4 solutions?
Please Email the answer to Emily@telepathicgraphics.com
The answer to 11/21
13 is the max number of people that could be in a row
 
Link of the Day


Music in pictures

Special Mention

Lonely Oaks Radio

 http://www.lonely-oak.com/

Song of the Day
Isreal Kamakawiwo'Ole- Over the rainbow/ What a wonderful world

#Printraleigh #printdurham #printchapelhill #telepathicgraphics

No comments:

Post a Comment