Wednesday 20 November 2013

A Little Thanks

Story of the Day



As I go through my morning routine I am looking around at all that needs to be done before Thanksgiving this year, now only a week away. Anxiety and stress consume me before I take a step backwards and breathe in deeply. The past few months have been a whirlwind of events taking us on the ultimate roller coaster of our lives, so it would seem. ‘Growing up’ they say. Perhaps that is what this is, the time wearing on us as it is more difficult than ever to get out of bed! This season does add an extra bit of stress though, which is ironic it being the giving and thanking season. Everyone so caught up in their lives and ‘what needs to be done by…’ We are all too busy to just take a step back and realize how lucky we are. The things we posses, even though some have less than others are still only possessions and there is more in life such as family. This is in my opinion being one of the best things to have. I am going to do my best to take a step back this year and realize how good I have it and stop stressing the little things because in hindsight they are exactly what they are, little. So this is my question for you, what are you thankful for this year? Whether it is a new job, new baby, hosting an event for that crazy family of yours, I challenge you to take a step back and smile at the little things instead of stress.  


Puzzle of the Day
The answer to 11/18
Forty 
 
 
Last month I sent off for one of those kits which you can use to make your own Christmas Crackers. The kit contained:

Three colors of a hat: Red, Yellow and Blue
Four types of novelty: toy car, spinning top, magnifying glass and miniature hair brush
Four different types of joke slip

All the other parts were the same type. The kit contained enough bits for 50 crackers. Can I make each cracker different from all the others?

Please Email the answer to Emily@telepathicgraphics.com

 http://www.mathsisfun.com/puzzles

Link of the Day

Pipe Cleaner Artists




http://news.yahoo.com/photos/pipe-cleaner-artist-1384892399-slideshow/

Special Mention

Lonely Oaks Radio

 http://www.lonely-oak.com/

Song of the Day
Birdy- Skinny Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNzCDt2eidg

Hash Tags of the Day

#postersraleigh #postersdurham #posterschapelhill #telepathicgraphics

No comments:

Post a Comment