Thursday 21 November 2013

Dig Deep!



Story of the Day


What a strange but familiar feeling it is, the fear of the unknown. I read an article today about a man starting a business in the early years of the World Wide Web. He was so unsure of himself and said that he “honed a healthy bit of paranoia” during this time of his life. As I embark on a new chapter to my life everything seems to be changing. Not just one little aspect of it, but the entire thing. They say that becoming a parent is a life changing experience, but I had no idea that I would feel the pain before having even seen or felt this little miracle of life. I have spoken of ‘not stressing the little things’ and ‘taking days as they come’ but my outlook is 100% different now. I would love to get to the place where this man felt that he was finally past the paranoia and strong in his confidence. If I could just grasp one ounce of that, perhaps things would be different. As a parent to be I now have choices to make, serious, conscious choices for not only myself; something I have never been faced with before. As stress of work builds up in me I have to make the choice to step backwards and say “I can do this, I will do this.” I have to move past this paranoia and into that light at the end of the tunnel and pray to the heavens that it is not an oncoming train! To believe in myself will be the biggest obstacle that I feel I face at the moment. To reach inside and dig deep is all that I will need to do.


Puzzle of the Day


 
There were 100 chocolates in a box. The box was passed down along a row of people. The first person took one chocolate. Each person down the row took more chocolates than the person before, until the box was empty.


What is the largest number of people that could have been in the row?



Please Email the answer to Emily@telepathicgraphics.com

The answer to 11/20
3 x 4 x 4 = 48. Sadly at least two crackers must be exact duplicates of ones already made.
BUT if you could handle the sad look on people's faces, you could consider a missing item as a possible combination. This gives 4 x 5 x 5 = 100 different crackers. 40 crackers would be missing one item, 11 will be missing two, and one cracker with nothing in at all! (This solution by Eric Chen, modified by Spacklick and Nehustan.)



http://www.mathsisfun.com/puzzles
Link of the Day
Crazy animals found in airport           




#bookletsraleigh #bookletsdurham #bookletschapelhill #telepathicgraphics

No comments:

Post a Comment