Thursday 17 October 2013

The Obstacle

Sometimes life conspires against you, or there seems to be a lot of reasons you can't get something done, some practical, some mental. Some are to do with relying on other people, those are the ones who always get blamed, regardless or not if they were even slightly culpable. Always the fault of someone else as the saying goes, but as I get older, I am more willing to admit, either I am not really sure how to accomplish what I need to do, or I am procrastinating to the point that I am trying to get someone else to do it. If I am really honest about it, sometimes I just don't feel like it and I don't look beyond that for explanations. It is a shock the first time that happens and the surprise that follows, is somewhat concerning. Where did the need go and the drive that was always there, like my favorite pair of running shoes, ready, willing and able? Now that I have recognized this recurring phenomenon I have given it a name, I call it The Obstacle, and when I meet The Obstacle, I make jokes with it until I can inspire myself to accomplish, for that sense far out weighs the alternative which just feels really kind of average. And as time ticks by, I know I still want the wow factor, because as I look back, I say to myself, did you really just do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment