Wednesday 30 October 2013

One At A Time

 Growing pains can be painful, there is a reason the saying has made it into our mainstream language, everyone remembers the absolute agony and relentless irritation that could last for weeks if not months. Building an on line community presents it's own unique challenges, mostly because any potential audience has the attention span of a gazelle, is doing too many things at once and thinks that walking and texting is a worthwhile multi task. I think this where I mistook community building for likes and followers, where volume, would replace hard work. A fast and easy way to get an audience and spend my days making millions of dollars from my Google ads just because I thought I had something worthwhile to say. The reality is that I am an average writer, with a good idea perhaps every 15/20 days. I have a new found respect for the professionals who do this day in and day out, I tip my cap to you. I also have an a great admiration for the folks who have built a tremendous on line business and understand that because you can not see the person, it does not mean the person has any different kind of expectation, they want to be entertained and catered to. They want to feel special and engaged, but also to be able to turn you off in an instant. I may have to turn the clock back slightly and build an audience one at a time. I don't mind really, I am one of the few people I know that actually likes other human beings. Welcome aboard, let enjoy the journey together.

 Song of the Day

Gary Allen - Every Storm Teaser

 https://soundcloud.com/garyallan/sets/set-you-free

Special Mention 

Great Internet Radio

http://www.lonely-oak.com/


Links of the Day

Real People Power


 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23518732

Hash Tags of the Day

#bookletsraleigh #bookletsdurham #bookletschapelhill #telepathicgraphics

No comments:

Post a Comment