Tuesday 15 October 2013

Following the Followers

It always strikes me, how odd it is, that the disproportionate number of followers to those that are being followed on social media networks. I have yet to discover those with more interesting content, and the reason that they are being followed. Granted some folks and companies make a more valiant effort to make their blogs and twitter feeds relevant and interesting, but not to the proportions that are being seen on a wide scale. As I looked at this a little more closely, I decided to take social media out of the equation for a second and look at the behavior of those around me and I discovered that social media actually reflects people's behavior in their jobs, social clubs and standing in the community. There are followers and those who are being followed, not necessarily leaders but just people who are willing to take the time to be a little more aware of other people's needs and who in general have a better feel for other people as well as figuring out, the often complicated business of paperwork, required to run a multitude of organizations. I have also discovered that most folks require a very structured and fairly organized world in which they can function. I beginning to believe that the reason social media is thriving is because it is really good at documenting and saving markers in time. Much better than my old auntie Janet, who died with many secrets, but at least preserved an enormous amount of family heritage. I will spend more time following the followers for it seems to make them happy without them ever having to become leaders or be more interesting.

#digitalprintraleigh #bannerschapelhill #postersdurham

No comments:

Post a Comment