Wednesday 16 October 2013

The Alternative to the Alternative

It strikes me, how often folks strive to get somewhere in their life and then when they get there, they don't want to be there! or know what to do with it.  I always admire ambition, tempered with a little dose of reality of course. One of the things I have discovered over the years, is sometimes people just enjoy the struggle of the journey and that is good enough. Other folks always have to be going somewhere and the idea of standing still is petrifying to the point of paralysis, imagine that. Other folks just want to do something crazy once, just to get it out of their system and other folks just want to be crazy all the time. Those folks are headed for an early grave apparently. Other folks plan their lives out and their happiness is measured by their success and failure against that imaginary yardstick or is that meter stick now? Others just wing it completely and are happy whatever the result, that's just life they say. I caught the middle of song the other day, one line I remembered , ' I have plenty of time to endure your silence when I am dead, but right now I am going to live' Brilliant! Inspired! Is it possible to appreciate what you have, where you are in life, or is it just a journey of varying speeds, where there is no place to stop, only to rest for brief periods. What's the alternative to the alternative, or as my old auntie used to say ' You can stop when you are dead, son, but right now, have a rest, put your feet up and have a cup of tea '

#digitalprintdurham #bannersraleigh #postersdurham #telepathicgraphics #printchapelhill #directmailraleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment