Wednesday 19 February 2014

Let Me Be Myself



One sunny day, she came my way, as I was swinging on the porch
She shot from the hip, she moved those lips, then the earth was scorched
She cut like butter, one step from the gutter, then she was sweet as apple pie
The preacher man, he praised the lord, believed that, the end is nigh
In a summer breeze, I know you can't see, there's a forest and some trees
She lays bare, when she talks to the lord, prays hard on her knees
She asked for her mother, to always lover her, no matter what she did
The sheriff said, he scratched his head, been nothing but trouble since she was a little kid


The girl gone crazy from the sun, the moon, and no sign of a distant rain
Raised hell so bad that her mama's been, she been declared insane
She got bare feet, blue eyes, blonde hair and a whole lot of trouble inside
From the day I met her, we've been together and probably til the day I die


She said please don't save me,
I am just like everyone else
I use what I got, and forget what I give
I'm a harmless soul with a heart of gold
Let me be myself

No comments:

Post a Comment