Tuesday 4 February 2014

If You Print It - They Will Come

I still have the ticket stub from Elvis Costello at Satellite City in Glasgow, 1977, The Stiff Records Tour, my first passport, my birth certificate, a couple of kindergarten photos and a few other pieces of printed material from days gone by. I kept the manual from my first Sony Walkman, don't know why, but I did. I am not fighting the digital age, I think it's amazing the amount of things our devices can carry or have immediate access to. I do believe that everyone should experience the sheer joy of a printed piece, one way or another. I believe it touches people in a unique way and for all of it's flaws, it has one very powerful thing that no other media can supply. Touch. I am sure there is some boffin somewhere working on a screen and an app that makes it feel like a brochure while you are reading it on a screen, should I patent that now? Then in a few years time I can get into a patent lawsuit with one of the big boys. So as you are creating content, keep print in mind, it has a place at the table, a space in the digital age, where fleeting seconds change to milliseconds with one click and as moble speeds get faster and attention spans get shorter, maybe a little bit of old fashioned print, will save the day.

Print Tip of the Day

The drive through print shop does not exist yet, give the printer enough time to complete your project and take the stress down a little

Hash Tag of he Day

#digitalprintraleigh #telepathicgraphics

No comments:

Post a Comment