Friday 20 September 2013

The Trying Side

After a difficult few weeks of work and travel, a few people I am close to asked me if I ever feel like giving up. I have thought about this over the last few days and the answer is no. I feel as if I am in a place of privilege where the good, far out ways the bad. I have a very good understanding of worry and of stress, mainly because I have done plenty of both. At the end of the day life is far easier than pushing an old rust bucket down the hill in the freezing cold, hoping that it would start, so I could get to work, oh the joy of the stick shift! When the network is down I don't feel disconnected from people because although I love technology I still like talking to people even if I don't like looking at them! And as trying as things can get on a personal level, it could not be worse than that of a close friend, who just lost her mother, that would be very trying indeed. Or trying to gather enough money on the streets of Chicago, Durham or London to cloth and feed yourself, that would be trying. So as trying as things get, I try to keep it in perspective, count my good fortune and keep on trying to make it better. I am not always successful, but just the act itself, success or failure, is exciting enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment