Wednesday 25 September 2013

If You Ask The Question, You May Not Like The Answer

I learned a long time ago, that if someone asked do you like my hair or does this dress make me look fat, it is much better to lie, than face the wrath of the truth. This behavior is now a dance that goes on in many other facets of life and I am beginning to wonder if we are going to lose sight of the little bit of truth that makes us all better and more responsive. I notice this in particular when traveling between the US and the UK, where service levels can vary from fantastic, that's exactly what I paid you for, to you want me to do what? and of course with attitude! I think we are going a little too soft and things come remarkably easy with technology and automation. I often wonder how this new generation would cope with having to get up to change the TV channel over or heaven forbid rewind a cassette tape to hear their favorite song. I am looking forward to the day when my own personal robot will do my exercise for me and the pour me a cold beer, I will drink it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment