Tuesday 24 September 2013

The Death of An Icon

The first time I ever set my eyes on a Blackberry, I was excited. The first time I ever sent an email driving down 1-40 back before we knew emailing and driving was dangerous, it was amazing. Messages poured in like rainy day in London, beeping and ringing and oh how easy it was compared to my previous construction phone. Change was hard, but I took to it like a duck to water. Then came the android set up and well, there went my loyalty. It's been a couple of years now, since I have held the Blackberry in my hands, and every time I make a call or send a text, I wish I was still on one. I began thinking at what point did RIM start taking it's customers for granted? When did they decide to cash out and take the money out of development? It was probably quite gradual, then suddenly. History is littered with great ideas, great businesses that get too comfortable, be warned, the choices are vast, the information about competitors is fast and current, customers are loyal, but not foolish!

No comments:

Post a Comment