Thursday 22 August 2013

Sentimental Fools / Print / Food for Thought

As I browsed through an on line peer group the other day, I was taken by the headline ' More Bad News For Print ' I read the report, which is pretty standard fare for the collapse of US manufacturing, things like old established company fails, 100 people made redundant, market changed, company unable to adapt. I also read the enormous outpouring of sympathy towards the plight of the owners and workers alike. They have my sympathy also. One of the things that drew me to America in the mid 1980's, was it's can do attitude, we are the best because we work hard and innovate and there was real outrage at co-workers and owners alike if you did not perform to your best everyday, investing and bringing work in for the owners and taking pride in the products and providing a real service for the workers. I did not see any of that in the reports of failure or the comments of their peers. Come on people, show some outrage, fight back, invest, innovate, play hard and play to win your jobs and your future

No comments:

Post a Comment