Tuesday 20 August 2013

Looking for the Right People

After posting a job this morning on one of the social networking sites, I realized how much time I had spent trying to define the right person. After all, if I find the right person,  I am going to spend a lot of time, learning about their family, friends, animals, birthdays and holidays. I am also going to look at their work ethic, habits and general interaction with the rest of the folks we have defined as the Right People. I started off very formally, with this qualification and that one. As I looked at it more closely I decided I would probably shoot myself if I actually hired that person, and moreover the flak I would take from the rest of the Right People would be almost unbearable......... We have defined ourselves, we like ourselves, and we would like to find someone who thinks we are the Right People for them. I will let you know if I found the right language to speak to the right person for the Right People.

No comments:

Post a Comment