Friday 16 August 2013

Friday's are Fabulous

What would you be if you thought like you did on a Friday afternoon around 3pm? The daily grind is nearly over and you have put in some good work for the week. I remember many years ago working with a rather muscular laborer, who in his previous life claimed to be a black belt in Judo, one squeeze of his paw to my neck and I am a dead man. I allowed myself a slight smile and asked him what his plans were for the weekend, he swore me to secrecy and to this day I have not broken that promise. He confided to me that he and his wife were avid thimble collectors and that a 17th century solid silver masterpiece was coming on the market at a show in Harrogate, Yorkshire. It was a 450 miles round trip and he hoped that with a successful bid of 3500 pounds, he would have a jewel in his collection that he could treasure for many years. I said 'Jim, this is great news for you and your wife' and ' this is why I think Friday's are Fabulous ' He said ' What? ' I said ' Never mind, enjoy your thimble collecting '

1 comment: